Hidden Creek Community Church
Whether you are exploring the claims of Jesus, or are a committed follower of Him, Hidden Creek is a great place to discover how God changes lives through the truths and teachings of the Bible. We are a diverse group of people from many walks of life, committed to living in an authentic and lasting friendship with Jesus Christ. As part of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, we are global in the scope of our ministry and active in representing Christ in our community. We are believe that we are called to be active in reaching seekers, building believers, and strengthening the church so we can help others discover Jesus, follow Jesus, and live for Jesus.
New to Hidden Creek?
Take a deep breath. You’ll fit in.
You might have questions about what to expect at Hidden Creek. Here are answers to a few common questions.
Come just as you are -- be comfortable, there are no expectations for you attire. From flip flops to cowboy boots, jeans to shorts, wrinkled or pressed, you’ll fit right in. Jesus cares about you, not what you wear.
We are committed to worshipping Jesus with hearts the rise out of friendship with him. Our worship team leads us in songs that declare of the character of God, his holiness, and his desire to be in relationship with us forever through faith in Christ.
Our worship services last about an hour and fifteen minutes. We’ll sing and pray together, read God’s Word, and be challenged to grow in our faith.
As our guest, please don’t feel obligated to give. If you are a follower of Christ please present your tithes and offerings to God as he leads.
We believe you are never too young to learn about Jesus and serve him. Children are an important part of life at Hidden Creek and we’re committed to helping them become a growing follower of Jesus! During the first half of the church service kids worship with the adults, then are given the opportunity to join other Hidden Creek Kids for a ministry time planned just for them!
Child safety is paramount. All of our Children’s Ministry workers have passed background checks and are committed to providing your child with fun interactive learning time.
What We Believe
We believe that the Bible contains everything we need to shape us spiritually, and prepare us for eternity. The following is a summary of what we believe are the essentials of and core teachings of faith in Christ.
- There is one God, (Deuteronomy 6:4) who is infinitely perfect, (Matthew 5:48) existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
- Jesus Christ is the true God and the true man. (Philippians 2:6-11) He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. (Luke 1:34–38) He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, (I Peter 3:18) as a substitutionary sacrifice, (Hebrews 2:9) and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. (Romans 5:9) He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. (Acts 2:23–24) He is now at the right hand of Majesty on high as our great High Priest. (Hebrews 8:1) He will come again to establish His kingdom, righteousness and peace. (Matthew 26:64)
- The Holy Spirit is a divine person, (John 14:15–18) sent to dwell, guide, teach, empower the believer, (John 16:13, Acts 1:8) and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. (John 16:7–11)
- The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of humanity. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice. (2 Peter 1:20–21, 2 Timothy 3:15–16)
- Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God: (Genesis 1:27) he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All people are born with a sinful nature, (Romans 3:23) are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Corinthians 15:20–23) The portion of the unrepentant and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment; (Revelation 21:8) and that of the believer, in everlasting joy and bliss. (Revelation 21:1–4)
- Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all people; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God. (Titus 3:4–7)
- It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly, (1 Thessalonians 5:23) being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service. (Acts 1:8) This is both a crisis and a progressive experience produced in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion. (Romans 6:1–14)
- Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body. (Matthew 8:16–17) Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church in this present age. (James 5:13–16)
- The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, (Ephesians 1:22–23) which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations. (Matthew 28:19–20) The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord's Supper. (Acts 2:41–47)
- There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life; (1 Corinthians 15:20–23) for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment. (John 5:28–29)
- The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent (Hebrews 10:37) and will be personal, visible, and premillennial. (Luke 21:27) This is the believer's blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service. (Titus 2:11–14)